Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Just a small post during the apocalypse. First, I hope that all of you that subscribed and those of you that visit, are safe and healthy in these times.

Also, I hope you haven't had to break into a perfectly good store of toilet paper for it's named purpose. I just wanted to post an alternative activity that you can do with spare unused napkins, and Elmer's glue.

I don't know where I got them, but they look like the cheap ones that come in plastic baggies with plastic silverware.



Unfortunately, with toilet paper becoming a rare and highly valuable commodity, these will have to do.

Normally I like to use plastic wrap and modpodge, but I don't have any plastic wrap.

So what we're doing, is taking our acceptable napkins and tearing it into strips, that we will then carefully glue together around our dolls head.

That's right, our doll.

Because he needs a wig, and I need something else to do that doesn't involve articulation and frustration.

So from there we create a wig cap, being careful NOT to glue the fragile material to our doll head. It should look like this:


Glorious, I know. You can see all my years of academy training shining through in this photograph. 

Keep going until it's kinda smooth and there are no ugly bumps or weak spots.


Now, if I can pop this puppy off without ripping it or damaging paint, I'm gonna drown that sucker in modpodge until it's stronger than a turtle shell. 

Sorry this isn't my usual content, but I have taken quite a break from my paper figures, mostly due to work and other projects that need my attention. I'll try and get back to the original stuff (especially if we get quarantined) so we can have at least one pub open.

Once again, I hope everyone is staying safe, and that all of you have enough to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment