Monday, August 27, 2018

See, I said I'd keep up with posts! ...Well, until school starts, then we'll probably switch to my favorite brand of toothpicks (It's the Family Dollar ones, just for those interested).

But in all seriousness, I said I'd talk about the neck toothpick, and my tools.

Firstly, tools. Because I only took one picture.

Here they are! I was gonna describe everything, then it occurred to me that I have no idea what the actual names are for most of these. So I'll post how I use them as I go.... And if anyone has questions as to what a tool is in this, I'll try and find out the official name.

So to start, here's the torso so far with the neck toothpick. So what is it for? Asked no one. Well, first let's go on the process and see if anyone can guess along the way.


Step one: Raid your paper remnant bin. Now, I like to use scissors to cut things. It's a very scientific process, that all those years of schooling prepared me for.


Cut a really long triangle.
Like this one. 

Then we move on to the more tedious part that's also laden in copious amounts of glue. So I don't have any pictures of it because I couldn't touch my phone.

Now, it you looked at the picture of my preferred tools, there was a tan cylinder looking tool with a flat end and a metal toothpick end. I take the wide end of the paper triangle and wrap it slowly, and tightly around that tool, gluing as I go, and making sure it doesn't get glued to the metal. The end result is below.
Having finished the little paper.... Ball-bearing? Jam that little thing on to the neck toothpick. And glue it down. Tah-Dah! Neck joint. Though it only works so well, next is the attachment for the head.
If you can look to the top right corner at the forlorn rectangular piece of paper, that is will become the point of insertion for the bearing. Take it, and roll it into a cylinder, making sure it fits on the DRIED ball bearing. Once you're sure, pluck it off and glue it into the head, preferably at the point where the head and neck connect.



With luck, it has a really good range of motion. And I mean luck because none of the stuff is measured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment